Step 1: Create the Gallery Page
First create the gallery page. You may want to start off by staging it in the Hidden section of the Virteom Platform. Click the plus sign next to the 'Hidden' menu node. You can always move the page later by dragging it around.
Give the Page a Name
- Give the page a name
- Select "Photo Gallery" off the page layout option
- Then click save
Now Add Images to that Gallery Page
- Click on "Manager" on the top toolbar
- Click on "Modules" on the left toolbar
- Click on "Photo Galleries" under the modules section
Add New Image
At the top click "Add New" to add a new image
- Fill out a Label. This will become the alt tag.
- Select the page(s) that the image should show up on. This will only work if the page has a layout of Gallery from the previous step. The benefit here is you could allow an image to show up on multiple gallery pages if you wanted to.
- Browse for the large image. This would be the large image that appears if they click on the thumbnail.
- Once you have that selected make sure to click 'Upload Now'
See next screen for next steps in the process...
Add New Image Part 2
Continuing down the screen in adding images. Add a thumbnail to the second browse area. This is the smaller image that appears. You can give the photo a description or leave it blank. Then click save.
Now repeat this process of adding images until all the images are in the gallery. Once you are done you should be able to go back to your gallery page and see the images you uploaded.
In this example I added two photos and on the gallery page I see two photos.
That's it. Now you can create as many pages on your site with as many photo galleries as you want. No programming needed.