Here is a text area where we want to add a YouTube or vimeo Video to
- Log-in to the back-end of your website
- Navigate to the page you would like to embed a Youtube or Vimeo video to. (Via 'Site Pages' in the top toolbar or through your navigation)
- Click 'Editor' from the top of your black toolbar
- Click the content area in which you would like to add the YouTube video to.
- After clicking into the content region you'd like to embed a video to, click 'Source' from the toolbar (it will show you the HTML version of your content)
Edit Source Mode
- Once you're in the Source, you'll see your content formatted as HTML -- Find where within your content you'd like your video to embed, and Paste the EXACT embed code from youtube. It is extremely important to get the full and exact code. Missing just one character will break your site.
- Inspect the link to YouTube. You need to add some text here. Just after the starting quotes, add the text http:
- This will change your code to be similar to the following: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6XXrnr94fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Please note: In this example there are no other contents in our source. Your source view might contain HTML code. Editing source code in an improper way will have detrimental effects on your website.
If you want to have your video autoplay when visitors come to your webpage, you need to add some code to the end of your YouTube URL.
If your YouTube embed is:
< iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sb4oAS4sC24?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></ iframe>
You need to add &autoplay=1 to the end of your YouTube URL. Our Link would look like this:
< iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sb4oAS4sC24?rel=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></ iframe>
Tips from Virteom
In the last few years, more and more websites have been secured with an SSL certificate. If your website is secure (https) then you'll want to make sure the videos you embed are also https. If your website switches over to being secure, and you have videos that are not -- it will allow for mixed content (and your videos won't display).
If you don't copy your embed video exactly as it appears from Vimeo/YouTube, you will break the page. When you don't copy embed codes exactly as they appear, your page will display all white (maybe with your website's header or footer) resulting in the need to reach out to Virteom for support.
This page was edited on 07/16/2018, 07/20/2018 by Olivia Justice