Driving traffic to your website is great. But you can't always reap the benefits of all that traffic without adding a call to action to your page. What is a call to action? It is an image or instruction that drives the visitor to take action. Maybe it is to take them to a landing page that drives them to fill out a form, to sign up for your services or to download your whitepaper. In some cases, a call to action could just invite the user to take a look at some of the other services you have to offer.
Almost every page on your website needs a call to action. It gives the page purpose while also supplying your visitor with information. So, now you're wondering - how do I add a call to action to my Virteom powered website? Well, it's easy! Follow this guideline, and we'll get you in action in no time.
Obviously, you'll need to sign into the back-end of you website to add a CTA to your page:
Go to: www.yourwebsite.com/virteom
Now that you're logged in, you'll be greeted with your beatiful homepage. From the black Navigation bar at the top of your screen click on Manager.
On the left hand side, in the Website Tools you'll want to click on Modules.
This is where you'll see all the modules that are currently installed on your website. If you don't see CTAs (Call to actions) and want to have them added to your website - reach out to us today.
Click on CTAs from the Website Tools on the left or the menu that populates on the right handside (they do the same thing).
Now that you're in the CTA module, you'll be able to add in your photo, text and link to where the button will take the user.
1. From the top menu click "Add New".
The Next Page will Display The Following Prompts:
2. Enter the Title of your CTA. This will be (depending on how it is styled) what shows up above the Call to Action. This should be the description of the photo, or the action you want the user to take.
3. Display order - this is where you'll use numbers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10-so on) to number the call to actions for that specific page. You can have call to actions on many different pages. Use the numbers to describe what number the call to action should be for the specific page is that you want this one to display on.
4. Text: fill in the text for the CTA for your page.
5. Button Text: What is the action that you want the user to take? Is it to [Sign Up]. [Start], [Join], [Grow], [Discover] - whatever it may be type that word in here.
6. This is if you want to use a FontAwesome icon instead of using an image for your CTA.
7. Choose what page the CTA links to. What page is the CTA taking them to? Select it from the dropdown.
8. From this dropdown, you'll choose what page you want this CTA to display on.
*If you havent already, discuss with Virteom that you would like a CTA on your page, and which page layout - so we can confirm where the CTAs will display on your page. (if you already use CTAs this won't be necessary)
9. Want to use an image for your CTA? Browse your computer for your image.
*Disclaimer: pay attention to the size of your images and the image size that is noted above the Upload Button. If you try and upload a 2KB image, you'll likely run into some issue. Make sure you optimize all images for the web.
10. Click 'Upload Now' once you've located it on your computer
11. Click 'Save'
Now that you've filled out all of the information for your CTA you'll be able to see your CTA inventory. If you ever want to make changes to your past CTAs, you just need to click 'Edit' and if you no longer want a CTA you just click 'Delete'
Hopefully, by now you feel like an expert in our Virteom Call To Actions (CTAs) module. You should now how to add CTAS, Edit CTAs and Delete CTAs from your Virteom powered website. If you run into any issues, feel free to reach out to a Virteom representative, after all, that's what we're here for!